- This event has passed.
Online course “Introduction to microbiological monitoring in rodents facilities
June 9 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The program includes an overview on traditional and emerging pathogenic agents, the description of different screening techniques for animals and biologicals. In addition, the necessary assessments in relation to the factors that influence the approach of the screening plan, from the housing system in use to the identification of the microbiological unit will be discussed.
An open session will provide opportunities to discuss the practical challenges related to the management of a microbiological monitoring program.
The course participants should be able to:
- Understand the importance of a health monitoring program for laboratory rodents,
- Describe traditional and emerging agents
- Describe the main concepts of FELASA guidelines
- Compare traditional methods to new approaches for screening the animals
- Identify the main advantages and disadvantages of different systems
- Compare traditional methods to new approaches for screening the biologicals
- Understand the impact of housing system on traditional microbiological monitoring
- Understand the application of environmental microbiological monitoring in Individually Ventilated Cages (IVCs)
Participation in the scientific program
– Training supplementary material
In the application form the CV is mandatory, it will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee to ensure that the applicants have the same professional scope in order to share common background and to maximize the training experience. You will be informed when the application is approved.
The course confirmation will be accompanied by payment details.
The invoice will be issued within 10 days after the course confirmation and cannot be changed, so please make sure you have provided us with the correct information (to be checked on the Proforma Invoice). Only digital version of invoices will be sent to participants.
Payment of the fee is due before course commencement. Bank fee on your side
Cancellation policy: All cancellations must be made by writing (email or fax) to the secretary.
Payment of the balance of the course is due, in full, for cancellation received after invoice raising.
Registrants who fail to attend without advance notice are liable for the entire course fee.